Inventory Unit Detail
2016 Yamaha YZFR1SGG
Stock Image: Matte Gray
Twin Cities Yamaha
This is IT!! You will never find a So Much Bike at this Price ANYWHERE!....SORRY---SOLD
An R1 for Everyone!
The new R1S features much of the same technology built into the R1 and R1M but with minor changes that make it the bike of choice for canyon carvers and commuters.
- Cutting-edge MotoGP®-Derived Crossplane Crankshaft Engine: The 2016 YZF-R1S™ features a lightweight and compact crossplane-crankshaft, inline-four-cylinder, 998cc high output engine, producing excellent power and a strong pulse of linear torque for stunning performance.
- Class-leading Electronics Package: The YZF-R1S features an advanced MotoGP®-inspired electronics package: a suite of inter-related technologies, enabling the rider to enjoy the fullest range of performance with great comfort, control, and ease of operation.
- MotoGP®-level Controllability: Featuring Yamaha’s six-axis Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU), the 2016 R1S represents the state-of-the-art in digital riding control, where all riders can experience total 3D controllability.
- Informed Systems: The IMU consists of a gyro sensor that measures pitch, roll, and yaw, as well as an accelerometer, or G-sensor, that measures acceleration in the fore-aft, up-down, and right-left directions… all at a rate of 125 calculations per second. By calculating each signal, the IMU finds the precise vehicle position and movement, and communicates it to the ECU, enabling it to control the bike’s systems.
- Digital Rider Aids: The 2016 R1S is equipped with banking-sensitive Traction Control, as well as Slide Control, Wheel Lift Control, Launch Control, ABS, a Unified Braking System, and more. The all-new R1S gives street riders an amazing level of rider-adaptive performance.
- Deltabox® Frame: The advanced aluminum Deltabox® frame uses the engine as a stressed member of the chassis and is designed to provide optimum longitudinal, lateral and torsional rigidity.
- Compact Exhaust System: A midship exhaust system features a titanium muffler and is positioned low, in the middle of the chassis, for improved mass centralization.
- MotoGP® Styling: The styling on the R1S is shared with the YZF-R1M® and YZF-R1® and inspired by the YZR-M1™, purposely sculpted for maximum aerodynamic efficiency.
- Cutting-edge Crossplane Crankshaft Engine: The R1S’ 998cc in-line 4-cylinder, crossplane crankshaft engine features steel fracture-split connecting rods and lightweight forged pistons. This race-derived engine delivers high horsepower and a strong pulse of linear torque.
- Compact Stacked Transmission: A 6-speed transmission is built to match the engine’s delivery and character for excellent response. The transmission "stacks" the input/output shafts to centralize mass and to keep the overall engine size shorter front to back, which optimizes engine placement in the frame for outstanding weight balance.
- Rocker-Arm Valvetrain: Advanced rocker-arm valve actuation uses the arm’s lever ratio to allow for larger valve lift while using lower cam lobes and reduced spring pressure, further boosting power.
- Compact Exhaust System: The 2016 R1S is equipped with a newly designed exhaust system crafted from titanium and stainless steel. Plus, the compact midship muffler contributes to mass centralization.
- Advanced Clutch: Assist and slipper clutch is used to give the rider more confident downshifts when entering corners aggressively, while still handling the torque of the R1S’ high-output inline-four motor.
- MotoGP®-level Controllability: Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) uses six axes of measurement: It consists of a gyro sensor that measures pitch, roll, and yaw, as well as an accelerometer, or G-sensor, that measures acceleration in the fore-aft, up-down, and right-left directions… all at a rate of 125 calculations per second. The IMU communicates with the ECU, which activates the technologies in Yamaha Ride Control (YRC). YRC includes Power Mode, Traction Control System, Slide Control System, Lift Control System and Launch Control System. All these systems are adjustable and can be saved within four presets in the YRC system.
- PWR Mode: Power Delivery Mode (PWR), similar to the earlier “D-Mode” system, lets the rider choose from four settings of throttle-valve opening rate in relation to the degree of throttle-grip opening to best match their riding conditions.
- Lean-angle Sensitive TCS: Variable Traction Control System (TCS) reduces rear wheel spin when exiting corners, calculating differences in wheels speeds and in relation to lean angle. As lean angle increases, so does the amount of intervention… with ten separate settings (off and 1-9) enabling the rider to dial in the exact level of control needed.
- MotoGP®-developed SCS: Slide Control System (SCS), the first of its kind on a production motorcycle, comes directly from the YZR-M1. It works in tandem with the IMU, where, if a slide is detected while accelerating during hard leaning conditions, the ECU will step in and control engine power to reduce the slide. This too can be adjusted by the rider. Four settings (1-3 and off).
- Lift Control System: Lift Control System (LIF) IMU detects the front to rear pitch rate and the ECU controls engine power to reduce the front wheel lift during acceleration. Four settings (1-3 and off).
- Race Start Control: Launch Control System (LCS) limits engine rpms to 10,000 wide open throttle. It maintains optimum engine output in conjunction with input from the TCS and LIF systems to maximize acceleration from a standing start. Three setting levels regulate the effect (1-2 and off).
- Ride-by-Wire Throttle: The R1S uses YCC-T® (Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle), fly-by-wire technology providing optimum power delivery, as well as YCC-I® (Yamaha Chip Controlled Intake), which is a variable intake system that broadens the spread of power in both low and high rpm.
- Full Color Instruments: The R1S features a brilliant full-color, thin-film transistor LCD meter, including front brake pressure and fore/aft G-force readouts, giving the rider even more feedback from the machine. It features both street mode and a track mode that focuses on performance information, such as YRC settings, a zoomed-in view of the tachometer in the upper rpm range, a lap timer with best lap and last lap feature, gear position indicator and speed.
- Deltabox® Frame: The aluminum Deltabox® frame and magnesium subframe contribute to a light weight and compact chassis design. The aluminum frame is both strong and flexible, and uses the engine as a stressed member of the frame for optimal rigidity balance and fantastic cornering performance.
- Fully Adjustable KYB® Fork: The R1S features an advanced inverted KYB® front fork with 43mm inner tubes and a 4.7-inch stroke with full adjustability, for an exceptional balance of feedback and traction.
- Linkage-type KYB® Shock: The fully adjustable KYB® shock has a rear bottom link pivot position that is optimally placed to provide exceptional handling, and excellent transmission of engine torque to the road.
- Compact Chassis Dimensions: The YZF-R1S’ wheelbase is 10mm shorter than the 2014 YZF-R1, adding to cornering performance. However, the 2016 R1S retains a 40.5% ratio of swingarm length to wheelbase for superb handling.
- Aluminum Fuel Tank: An aluminum 4.5 gallon fuel tank, weighing in at a full 3.5 pounds less than a comparable steel tank, further reduces overall weight.
- Powerful, Controllable Brakes: The track developed and tested racing ABS and Unified Braking System provide maximum braking performance. UBS inhibits unwanted rear end motion during braking by activating the rear brake when the front brake is applied, with force distribution based on the bike’s attitude and lean angle. ADVICS 4-piston radial mounted front calipers ride on big 320mm rotors for excellent stopping power.
- MotoGP® Styling: Dynamic “M1” inspired styling that creates a more compact profile with improved aerodynamics.
- Compact LED Headlights: LED headlights are both lightweight and compact allowing for a more streamlined design and layout of the front face.
- LED Lighting: LED front turn signals are integrated into the mirrors for improved aerodynamics, while an LED tail light is stylish and highly visible.
- Factory Level Telemetry: Available as an option is the Yamaha-exclusive Communication Control Unit. The CCU allows riders to communicate with the vehicle via Wi-Fi through Yamaha’s exclusive Y-TRAC smartphone and tablet app. The system is comprised of the CCU and GPS antenna, running data can be recorded via a data logger, with course mapping and automatic lap timing managed by GPS. This data can then be wirelessly downloaded to the Android® or Apple® iOS® app where it can be analyzed. Changes to settings can be made via the Yamaha Ride Control (YRC) setting app and then uploaded back to the R1S.
- Engine Type: 998cc, liquid-cooled Inline 4 cylinder DOHC; 16 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 79.0mm x 50.9mm
- Compression Ratio: 13.0:1
- Fuel Delivery: Fuel injection with YCC-T and YCC-I
- Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: 6-speed w/multiplate slipper clutch
- Final Drive: O-ring chain
- Suspension / Front: 43mm KYB® inverted fork; fully adjustable; 4.7-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: KYB® Single shock w/piggyback reservoir, 4-way adjustable; 4.7- in. travel
- Brakes / Front: Dual 320mm hydraulic disc; 4-piston caliper, Unified Brake System and ABS
- Brakes / Rear: 220mm disc; Unified Brake System and ABS
- Tires / Front: 120/70ZR17
- Tires / Rear: 190/55ZR17
- L x W x H: 80.9 in. x 27.2 in. x 45.3 in.
- Seat Height: 33.7 in.
- Wheelbase: 55.3 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): 24.0 deg.
- Trail: 4.0 in.
- Ground Clearance: 5.1 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gal.
- Fuel Economy: 34 mpg
- Wet Weight: 448 lb.
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
NOTES:Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road conditions, how you ride and maintain your vehicle, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight. Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with other models.
- Engine Type
- Inline 4 cylinder DOHC; 16 valves
- Bore and Stroke
- 79.0mm x 50.9mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Fuel injection with YCC-T and YCC-I
- TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Front Suspension
- 43mm KYB® inverted fork; fully adjustable; 4.7-in travel
- Rear Suspension
- KYB® Single shock w/piggyback reservoir, 4-way adjustable; 4.7- in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Dual 320mm hydraulic disc; 4-piston caliper, Unified Brake System and ABS
- Rear Brakes
- 220mm disc; Unified Brake System and ABS
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 55.3 in.
- Seat Height
- 33.7 in.
- 24.0 deg.
- 4.0 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.5 gal.
- 34 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 448 lb.
- 6-speed w/multiplate slipper clutch
- Final Drive
- O-ring chain
- Matte Gray, Intensity White/Raven/Rapid Red
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)